ARMS OF CAN
1. GENERAL ASSEMBLY: This is the highest policy making organ of the Association. It meets once in 3 years except there is a matter of urgency requiring its deliberation and decision, on which case emergency assembly could be summoned. It is made up of 307 members as follows:-
2. NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (NEC): Next to be General Assembly is the NEC in line of authority is the Executive Body of CAN. It meets once every quarter or as the need arises. It is made up of 105 as follows
10 members from each Church Group of 5 – 50
2. PRESIDENT IN COUNCIL: This is next to NEC in line of authority. It meets anytime there is an urgent matter that cannot wait for the attention of NEC. Any decision taken is usually ratified at the next NEC meeting to which report is made. It is made up of National Officers and Heads/Leaders of all Church Groups and Leaders of Directorates.
3. Secretariat is the administrative / executive arm of CAN. It sees to the administration and execution of policies of CAN. It is made of the General Secretary. Asst. General Secretary and other employees of CAN.
5. ZONAL ASSEMBLY: Is the highest organ of CAN in the Zone and is made up of 30 each from Church Groups of 5 - 150
10 Zonal Officers – 10
6. ZONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: This shall be the Association’s Zonal Executive body and shall comprise:
i. 10 from each Church Group of 5 - 50
7. STATE ASSEMBLY: - This is the highest organ of CAN in the State. It meets quarterly and made of 20 members from each Church Group. 10 States officers 1 member each form Women and Youth Wings. Past Chairman and secretaries of State CAN shall be honorary members. It meets once a year.
8. STATE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: This is the State Executive body and it meets every quarter. Members are 10 from Church Group, 10 State officers and one from each Local Government Area of the State, it meets at lest 3 times a year.
9. LOCAL GOVERNEMNT EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: This shall be Association of Local Government Executive body. It is made up of 10 members from each Church Group and 10 Local Government Officers. It meets at least 4 times in a year.
© Christian Association of Nigeria 2008 || Designed by Bravenet Solutions